Here’s What You Need:
- Reinders’ Air Drying Clay
- Sparkly Beads
- A wooden chopping board
Here’s What You Do:
- Form the clay into a round, smooth ball.
- Push an indentation in the ball with your thumb.
- Widen the indentation and raise the sides to form a little bowl. Smooth any cracks in the edges as you go (small children may need help).
- Pinch the bowl at the top and bottom to form a heart.
- Add beads. Make sure to push them firmly into the clay so that they will not fall out once the clay has hardened.
- Add small beads around the lip of the dish and the sides. If you have small children you may want to skip this step because it can be difficult to maintain the shape of the dish while still pushing the beads in deeply.
The clay dishes take about 24 hours to completely harden. From there, they can be given as gifts or just enjoyed!